|Position:||Donor and Reporting Officer|
|Application Deadline:||10 February 2018|
|Availability of the Post:||Immediately|
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the overall guidance of SAB Head Quarter office based in the UK and the direct supervision of SAB representative in Amman office, the successful candidate will do the following:
Donor Relation and Reporting:
- To Assist in identifying potential donors (individuals, groups and organisations), building and maintaining positive relationships with them and engaging with targeted partners at the local levels with the view to increase fundraising activities.
- To respond to enquiries from existing and potential donors by phone, online and social media.
- To assist in the regular engagement with current and potential donors by preparing briefing documents and meeting proposals and in addition to providing needed information, materials, thank you letters and acknowledgements for.
- To assist in preparing proposals, reports and donor-specific requirements to be submitted to the Head Quarter in the UK and the potential donors. Organize monthly, quarterly and annual progress reviews, as necessary.
- To attend official conferences and meetings, provide needed presentations and act as a spokesperson for the organisation where required.
- To undertake the general correspondence and communication, using IT skills, such as MS Word, Excel, Power point, etc.
- To manage the routine running of administrative tasks required
- To manage generic and admin email accounts and, where appropriate, redirect emails.
- To assist in coordination and communication among all parties involved in SAB
- Provide basic translation/ interpretation between English and Arabic, if necessary
- To update website, periodically and when required
- To help organize and coordinate various activities such as training, workshops, conferences and meetings
- To assist in other unforeseen tasks, within reason, as required by the line manager.
- Building and promoting partnership across and beyond the organization,
- Communicating in credible and effective way.
- Producing results.
- Fostering teamwork.
Requirements and Qualifications:
Successful candidate should have similar proven experience in humanitarian organizations, NGOs or fundraising charities in Jordan in addition to excellent communication and building partnerships skills. Proven ability to speak English and Arabic at native or near-native level, and to professionally use IT skills are required. The successful candidate needs to live in the Amman area and flexible with their working hours, as they may be required to work one weekend/ month.
Education and Skills:
- Essential: University degree in business administration, social sciences or related field is an asset.
- Desirable: Professional Training in reporting and proposal writing and donor mapping or any relative field.
- Essential: At least 3 years progressive experience in humanitarian charities in Jordan in the following areas: Reporting and proposals writing, drafting official correspondences and building partnerships.
Excellent command of Arabic & English languages both spoken and written
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of dealing with national authorities and local partners.
- Ability to meet deadlines and produce under pressure.
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Good understanding of World/ global issues.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with minimum supervision.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD HAVE ATTACHED COVERING LETTER (APPLICATION LETTER) INDICATING POST APPLIED FOR AND DETIALED CLEAR CV.
APPLICATION SHOULD BE SENT TO THE BELOW EMAIL BEFORE THE 10th OF FEBRUARY 2018.
ONLY CANDIDATES UNDER SERIOUS CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW AND TEST.
SAB is a charity incorporated organisation, registered in England with charity number 1171527. SAB was founded as (and still operates under the name) Souriyat Across Borders by five Syrian women in 2012 as a humanitarian response initiative, with a centre in Amman being established in 2013. The initial goal of SAB was to assist with basic humanitarian relief and provision of clothes and food for the Syrian refugees. With the existence of a centre, SAB branched out into rehabilitation, empowerment and educational programmes and now continues to focus on education and empowerment as well as enterprise and occupational skills projects, on-going provision of humanitarian assistance and continuously working to raise awareness of the refugee crises through events and exhibitions.
More detailed information about our work can be found on SAB’s official website: www.souriyat.org