We are dependent on the generosity, kindness and trust of our supporters. We are, therefore, committed to protecting and respecting your personal information that we may collect about you as a visitor to our website or a supporter through financial, volunteering means or otherwise.
Who we are
We, SAB, are a charity registered in England with charity number 117152. Souriyat Across Borders is a working name and registered trademark under which we operate.
Information we collect from you
When you contact us for any reason, including to make a donation, sign up to our updates, events or subscriptions, to report a problem, make a complaint or engage with us on social media, we may receive and retain your personal information. This information may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information and whether or not you are a tax payer in order that we can claim Gift Aid. By providing your personal details in this way, you enable us (and our sub-contractors and affiliates) to raise funds and/or provide the goods, services, information or activities of your choice.
If you enter details into an online form, we may use this to contact you even if you did not complete the form or submit it. We will only do this in order to identify if you have experienced any issues with the form or need any further assistance with using our site.
Whilst we may collect sensitive personal data (e.g. health conditions) about the people we help, we will not normally collect sensitive personal data about supporters unless there is a clear reason for use to do so. In such circumstances we will clearly inform you of what information we need and why.
We may also collect information about you even if you are visiting our site as an anonymous user, such as your IP address (which allows us to identify a specific computer or device on the internet).
We may receive personal information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, project partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, affiliate companies and organisations). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies are required for the operation of our website. For example, they can enable you to log into secure areas of our website or make an online donation.
- Analytical/performance cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works.
- Functionality cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, please be aware that if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you for a number of reasons including the following:
- to respond to or address correspondence with you by any means you use;
- for general administration of donations including enquiring about Gift Aid;
- in order to meet our contractual obligations in any transaction we enter into with you;
- for our own record keeping;
- to provide you with information about our activities or other information you have agreed to receive;
- for marketing purposes where you have agreed to receive marketing communications. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to our activities and services, including introducing you to new activities we have taken on and to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about our activities or services that may be of interest;
- to improve our site and to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
Who we will share your personal information with
We will only use your information for the purposes for which it was obtained (as set out above). We will not share your data with any third party unless you have consented to our doing so. However, you agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- any of our affiliates, which may be a company, charity or organisation with which we share common control or have an affiliate agreement with.
- our project partners and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you or to prepare materials relating to projects and fundraising. ;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
These third parties will only process your personal data as we instruct them and we will ensure that they do not use your data for any other purpose.
We will also disclose your personal information to any third party to whom we have a legal obligation to disclose the information with, such as for tax purposes or to law enforcement agencies.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Access to information
You have the right to access, update or delete information held about you. Should you wish to exercise your rights please contact us in writing at email@example.com. Please note that any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.